AKA Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation - HBCU Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation (IPCDF) is offering educational scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who will attend and undergraduate college students currently enrolled at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). The applicant must have permanent residency or attend school in the Bronzeville, Douglas, Washington Park, Grand Boulevard, Oakland, Kenwood, Hyde Park or Englewood community.
Website: AKA Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation
Application: Access Here
Overview & Checklist: View Here
- High school senior (class of 2022)
- 2.85 Cumulative Grade Point Average or higher (unweighted)
- An acceptance letter from the Historically Black College or University (HBCU) the student will attend on official letterhead
- Proof of community service hours performed during your high school career; a minimum of 40 hours is required
- Actual Scholarship Application
- Submission of typed essay (450 – 500 words)
- Most recent official transcript uploaded directly to the application
- An acceptance letter on official letterhead from the HBCU you will attend
TWO (2) Letters of recommendation written during the current academic year (not dated before September 2021), addressed to IPCDF. One must be a character letter from a school official or a service organization with which you have volunteered, on official letterhead. The second letter must be from an unrelated person of your choice.
Proof of permanent residency or school attendance in the Bronzeville, Douglas, Washington Park, Grand Boulevard, Oakland, Kenwood, Hyde Park or Englewood community
Essay Topic: The Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement has captured the entire world because the issues related to racial prejudice are as relevant as ever. How will you apply what you’ve learned from the BLM movement to your educational and career pursuits?
Open to DREAMers: Yes
For questions or concerns regarding this scholarship and application: email the Scholarship Provider at Scholarships@ipcdf.org