Education 4 Excellence Scholarship
Education for Excellence Scholarship Foundation, Inc. The Foundation will provide at least two (2) monetary awards to selective Chicago Public Schools High School seniors who meet the requirements of the Foundation’s application process. The purpose of the monetary award is to assist the student with the expense and financial obligations of college attendance. The scholarships will be publicized through the internet and print media.
Website: Education for Excellence Scholarship
- Graduating from a Chicago Public High School in Spring/Summer 2016
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (unweighted) on a 4.0 scale
Open to DREAMers: Yes
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay: Applicant's Personal Statement (this can include, but is not limited to, current extracurricular activities, academics, future aspirations in post secondary education, financial need, and career goals).
- The topic of the second essay is: If you could develop a program in Chicago to help stop violence what would it be and why do you feel it would be effective?
- Please provide one recommendation: The recommendation may come from a teacher or counselor who can account for the Applicant's academics who has known the applicant one year or more OR from an adult who has known the Applicant for at least two years and who is not a family member. This person should be able to comment on the Applicant's personal growth and achievements; must include recommender's contact info.
- Official Transcript Required
- You are required to list your work history (if applicable); involvement in extra-curricular activities; community service, and awards and honors received.