NURSE Corps Scholarship Program (NCSP)
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program awards funds to students enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree nursing program in exchange for their commitment to serve in high-need, underserved communities. Scholarship support includes payment of tuition, required fees, other reasonable educational costs, and a monthly living stipend. After completion of graduation/training, recipients can fulfill their service commitment at a number of approved health care facilities currently experiencing a critical shortage of nurses. Each scholar serves for a minimum of two years and receives one year of financial support (up to four years) for each additional year of service. All awards are subject to federal taxes.
Website: NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
Application: Create an Account & Apply
Application Guidance: Review Here
Please Note: The deadline has been EXTENDED to Thursday, May 19th by 6:30pm Chicago time.
To be eligible for a scholarship, all applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen (born or naturalized), a national, or a lawful permanent resident;
- Be enrolled—or accepted for enrollment—in a professional nursing degree program (diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree nursing program) at an accredited school of nursing in the U.S.;
- Begin classes no later than September 30, 2022;
- Be free from any federal judgment liens;
- Be free from any other existing service commitment;
- Not be overdue on a federal debt.
If awarded, you will receive financial support, including:
- eligible fees;
- annual payment for other reasonable costs, such as books, clinical supplies/instruments and uniforms; and
- a monthly stipend ($1,383 for the 2022-2023 academic year).
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Use this contact form or call 1-800-221-9393