Elks National Foundation's Most Valuable Student Competition
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Elk Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2021-22 competition. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. Male and female students compete separately.
Website: Elks National Foundation’s Most Valuable Student
Create an Account & Apply: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
The application will close by 1:59am Chicago Time on November 16, 2021.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply. High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), at a U.S. college or university.
- Applicants do not need to be related to a member of the Elks.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
Award Amount Details:
- Ranging from $1,000 per year to $12,500 per year, Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university. All scholarships are in the form of certificates of award conditional upon the full-time enrollment of the winner in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- The Chicago office of the Elks National Foundation will announce the 2022 500 national winners in late April 2022. (Many local Lodges, districts and state Elks associations award their own scholarships through this program. These scholarships are not to be confused with the 500 Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student Scholarships.)
- The 20 top finalists will participate in an all expenses paid Leadership Weekend in Chicago during which they’ll interview with the national judges. These 20 finalists will be vying for two first-place awards of $50,000; two second-place awards of $40,000; and two third-place awards of $30,000. The remaining 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000. The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please contact the Elks National Foundation Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org