Department of the Air Force - Type 2 Scholarship
Air Force ROTC can help you overcome the financial hardships associated with college, and when you complete your degree, you have got a guaranteed career after school (debt free!). Pays up to $18,000 per year in college tuition and authorized fees at any public or private institution with an Air Force ROTC detachment. Scholarship payment is further capped at $9,000 per semester or $6,000 per quarter. Type 2 selectees will also receive a monthly living expense stipend and an annual book stipend.
Website: Department of the Air Force- Type 2 Scholarship
Application: Access Here
Applicant Guide: View Here
- Must enroll in the academic major in which the scholarship is offered
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must achieve an SAT composite of 1240 or ACT composite of 26. Applicants unable to secure a test prior to the application deadline should contact their scholarship technician.
- Complete the Physical Fitness Assessment, which consists of three events: push-ups, sit-ups, and a 1.5-mile run
- Must pass a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB) medical exam
- Applicants must be age 17 or older to be considered for this scholarship
You Will Agree To:
- Enroll in the academic major for which the scholarship is offered.
- Enroll in Air Force ROTC beginning with the upcoming fall term.
- Complete a 13-day summer field training course at Maxwell AFB, Alabama, between sophomore and junior years.
- Complete Air Force ROTC General Military Course (GMC) your freshman and sophomore years and the Professional Officer Course (POC) your junior and senior years.
- Accept a commission as an Air Force officer and serve at least four years on active duty.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please call 404-545-3461 or email: CHICAGO@AFROTCADMISSIONS.COM