Golden Door Scholars
Scholarship Overview & Description:
Golden Door Scholars was founded in 2013 with the goal of promoting economic mobility for undocumented students. In our first year, we awarded 13 scholarships. Since then, we have impacted 473 undocumented students by partnering with schools to cover tuition, room, and board for a four-year degree. Our scholars also have access to mentors, internship, and job search support, along with other professional growth opportunities.
Website: Golden Door Scholars
Application: Access Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Applicants must have DACA, TPS or be undocumented, meaning currently not have lawful status in the US
- Applicants must not be eligible for in-state tuition or federal funding
Scholarship recipients will receive funding for a four-year degree at Golden Door partner schools beginning Fall semester, 2022. Students who have applied to or are interested in other colleges should also apply. We will support students at non-partner schools on a case-by-case basis. Note that Golden Door will match scholarship recipients to partner and other colleges based on student preference and school admission slot availability.
- Applicants should have strong academic records
- Driven to excel and help others succeed too
- Has held leadership positions or is involved in the community
- Your high school and/or college transcript.
- Your class rank and class size if available.
- Information about leadership and extracurricular activities.
SAT and ACT scores are not required. However, if you do have standardized test scores, you can include them in your application.
- An essay – you can use one written from one of your college applications or use one of the prompts from The Common Application.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes, over 4 years (all scholars are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA each semester)
Contact Information: Please email email@example.com