The Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
As part of the 2022 Sports Humanitarian Awards, the Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award celebrates the legendary sports icon’s commitment to leadership and service, and honors high school and college-aged students who, like Billie Jean King, use the power of sports to improve their communities. The Award — which was created in 2019 — will recognize its honorees during the 2022 Sports Humanitarian Awards.
Website: Billie Jean King Youth Leadership Award
Application: Create an Account & Sign-in
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident.
- Must identify as a girl or a young woman.
- Must be under 25 years of age.
- Students must have a demonstrated financial need as verified by their college or university, if being considered for a scholarship.
- Students must have a minimum unweighted cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, if being considered for a scholarship.
- For academic scholarships, applicant must be a rising High School Senior or current College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior attending an accredited 4-year college or university.
- For a donation to an eligible nonprofit, applicant can be a High School Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior or current College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior.
Successful applicants will:
Demonstrate how they are using the power of sport as a catalyst for change within their local school or community. This means that they are intentionally using sport to change the way people think, how they feel and compels them to act. We suggest you look at last year’s honorees (here) for examples.
- Deliver social impact showcasing how his/her/their community has been positively impacted. This cannot be just participating in an existing program owned by a nonprofit, but must go above and beyond with their contribution and work being unique.
- Be passionate and committed to empowering the community in which he/she/they live.
- Embody confidence and enthusiasm as a leader and have strong moral character.
- Personify exemplary leadership qualities on and off the field/court.
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org