Just the Beginning - A Pipeline Organization: Middle School Law Camp
The Just the Beginning Foundation Middle School Law Camp (MSLC) is a free five-day legal immersion program located at Loyola University Chicago School of Law (25 E. Pearson St.) in Chicago. The MSLC includes interactive lessons, logic, and critical thinking exercises, writing and oral advocacy, instruction from guest speakers, and field trips to area law firms, corporations, government offices and courthouses. Middle School Law Camp (MSLC) is open to students who will be in 7th, 8th or 9th grade in fall of 2015. The program is FREE to all students and housing is not available.
MSLC is Monday, July 20, 2015 – Friday, July 24, 2015. Program hours are approximately 8:30AM – 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
Students who participate in the Middle School Law Camp (MSLC) will:
- Study the legal system and how it works
- Build leadership, and teamwork skills
- Analyze slected legal cases, debate legal issues, and participate in a mock trial, and and oral arguement
- Learn what it takes to become a lawyer
- Develop contacts with legal professionals, and organizations that provide scholarships, internships, and mentors
PAPER APPLICATION DOWNLOAD: Just The Beginning Middle School Law Camp
Website: Just the Beginning Legal Foundation Middle School Law Camp
Required Documentation: Must submit most recent report card and recommendation from a non-family member.
Contact Information: Laura Ramsey, email@example.com