Asian and Pacific Islander Americans (APIA) Scholarship Program
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Our vision is to see that all Asian and Pacific Islander Americans have access to higher education and resources that cultivate their academic, personal and professional success regardless of their ethnicity, national origin or financial means. Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. APIA Scholars provides scholarships to underserved APIA students with a special focus on those who:
- Live at or below the poverty level, or are otherwise of low socioeconomic status;
- Are the first in their families to attend college;
- Are representative of the APIA community’s diversity, (geographically and ethnically}, especially those ethnicities that have been underrepresented on college campuses due to limited access and opportunity; and
- Have placed a strong emphasis on community service and leadership as well as solid academic achievement.
Website: APIA Scholars Program
Application: Access Here
Please Note: The application closes by Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 3:00 PM Chicago Time.
Be of Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity as defined by the U.S. Census
- Be a citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States. Citizens of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of Palau are also eligible to apply
- Be enrolling as an undergraduate student in a U.S. accredited college or university in the Fall of 2022.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted) or have earned a GED
- Must apply for federal financial aid for the 2022-2023 academic year using the Free Application for the Federal Student Aid (FASFA) by early April 2022
- Submit one letter of recommendation online
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes, scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards.
Questions? Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document to see if your question has been answered. If your question is not within the FAQs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.