Humanity Rising - The James Gibson Artwork Challenge
James Gibson was 23 years old when he was forced to confess to a double homicide he did not commit. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole. James began to study law while imprisoned and embarked on a mission to prove his innocence. After nearly 30 years of imprisonment, an appellate court vacated his conviction in 2019 and gave him a certificate of innocence. James attributes his mother as the source of his strength and resilience throughout his ordeal. He has written a song dedicated to her that will be released soon.
Humanity Rising has partnered with James Gibson to invite students to submit original artwork for the cover art for the song. Students will have until February 1st to submit and will have the opportunity to win a $1,500 Humanity Rising Service Scholarship, have their artwork featured on iTunes and will join James in an exclusive podcast.
Website: The James Gibson Artwork Challenge
Application: Access Here
Listen to the Song: Click Here
Submission Guidelines & Lyrics: View Here
Please Note: The deadline has been EXTENDED to Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
- Open to all current high school students in grades 9-12
- Create the artwork for an upcoming song cover, following the requirements outlined below.
JPG, PNG, or GIF image file
- Perfect square and at least 1600 × 1600 pixels. iTunes recommends images to be 3000 × 3000 pixels.
- Best-quality RGB Color mode (including black and white images) if digitally produced
- Resolution of at least 72 dpi (300 dpi is better) if digitally produced
- Please scan handmade artwork with the best possible quality if artwork will be done by hand
- Only include text stating the artist name (LaReine & James Gibson) and release title (Mama, Can You Hear Me?) or image only with no text
- Images that you own the rights to distribute
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email email@example.com