Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Chicago Chapter collaborates with The Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation in the identification of high school senior applicants dedicated to the preservation of the history of African American Veterans whose service during World War II demonstrated to America that the criteria for responsible citizenship are character and achievement rather than ethnic origin. Each year the Tuskegee Airmen Scholarship Foundation grants scholarship awards to deserving young men and women. Each year the number of available scholarship awards is directly related to income received from investments. Forty (40) awards of one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500.00) will be available in 2022. The $1,500.00 awards are for one year only.
Application: Download Here
- Applicants must be students of accredited high schools who have or will graduate in the school year 2021 – 2022 with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- An OFFICIAL Copy of Student’s High School Transcript, senior year schedule
- A copy of parent(s)’ latest IRS Form 1040 (2021 preferable but 2020 acceptable) through adjusted gross income line or other OFFICIAL document (W-2/W-4 not acceptable); SSN should be “blacked out”
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (From Counselors, Instructors, Community Leaders, etc.)
- “The Tuskegee Airmen” Essay (include how their experience impacts you) (Typed, double spaced, not to exceed one 1 page)
- A Personal Essay (Typed, double spaced, not to exceed two 2 pages)
List of Extracurricular and Community Activities (including Junior ROTC, Civil Air Patrol, BSA, GSA or Explorer Scouts)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org