Few Initiative Ambassador Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Every year the Few Initiative for Children selects student Ambassadors for its flagship program. Although this list is not exhaustive, we are searching for students who are from diverse backgrounds, excel academically, need financial assistance to attend college, and want to make a difference in their community by developing civic programs. Once accepted, students engage in a series of workshops, events, and activities that are designed to develop important life skills such as communication, leadership, creative & critical thinking, assertiveness, and resilience. In addition, the Ambassadors are encouraged to go out in their own community and make an impact by creating and running community development programs. Students who complete the calendar year program will receive a minimum of $2500 endowment toward their college education.
Website & Application: Few Initiative Ambassador Scholarship
- Open to Chicago area high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are in good academic standing with their respective school for the 2022–2023 school year.
- Students will need to attend at least 80% of meetings and maintain a B- (2.7 unweighted GPA) or higher to remain eligible for their scholarship.
Students need to submit a 2-minute video answering the following questions:
- What does community mean to you?
- What change (big or small) could you make today that could help someone in your community?
- What are the current challenges that you see your community experiencing?
- Who is one person that you wanted to thank but never had the chance to do so, and why?
- If people could describe you in three words, what would they be?
- What are your dreams? What step can you take tomorrow to begin realizing your dreams?
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org