BBB Educational Foundation College Scholarship Video Contest
Organization & Scholarship Description:
Students may compete for one of four (4) $2,500 college or higher education scholarships. Enter by creating a short video, no longer than 90 seconds in length, that presents your opinion with respect to the following prompt: BBB Accredited Businesses pledge to uphold 8 Standards of Trust, which embody ethics and integrity. Choose one, state what it means to you, and explain how it contributes to a healthy, vibrant marketplace. Your entry will be judged by a panel of judges considering two factors: Content and Need.
Content: This is the substance of your video. Demonstrate clarity and articulation in presenting your opinion on the importance of ethical business practices. You may wish to develop a witty and thoughtful motto to summarize your opinion.
Need: This is your motivation for applying for this scholarship. Illustrate your financial need in a written statement explaining why you desire this scholarship and how it will impact your further education (fill this portion out in the form at the bottom of the application page).
Website & Application: BBB Educational Foundation
Entry Guidelines: View Here
- Must be a graduating high school senior or college student in the Chicago or Northern Illinois area. Students must reside in one of the following counties to be eligible: (Boone, Carroll, Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Grundy, JoDavies, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, LaSalle, Lee, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, Will, Winnebago).
- No GPA requirement
Must complete the video submission process (see below).
- A short-answer question is required to demonstrate financial need.
- Entries must be no longer than 90 seconds in duration.
- Should you choose to shoot your video with a phone camera, videos must be shot in “landscape mode” (horizontally). Vertical videos will be disqualified from consideration.
- Videos must not contain any music whatsoever.
- Video files should be exported, saved, and submitted in the MP4 file format via WeTransfer (see Submission Instructions here)
- Submissions MUST be labeled correctly. The file name should include BBB Scholarship 2023, student’s first initial, and surname. Example: BBBScholarship2021_JDowe.mp4
- All video entries should begin with an introduction that includes your name, age, year in school, the school in which you are currently enrolled.
- Videos should be well-lit and contain clear-sounding audio. While it is not expected for you to use expensive or professional equipment, it is required that your face be clearly visible, and your voice easily understood in the recording.
Judging and Awards: A panel of judges will determine the top ten (10) finalists including the four (4) grand prize scholarship winners based on totals in the following categories.
- Completion of all appropriate online entry forms (found at the bottom of this page).
- Submitting your complete video entry and online form by the deadline date and time.
- Specificity and clarity in your written statement of need (included in online form).
- Articulation and thoughtfulness in your opinion on the importance of a business to conduct itself ethically in your video.
- Creativity and uniqueness of your entry.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org