Illinois Conservation Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Illinois Conservation Foundation offers the Conservation Achievement Scholarship to promote the value of our natural world and encourage the next generation of leaders to engage in personal efforts to preserve and enhance a sustainable outdoor environment. Up to three one-time scholarships of $2,000 are available to outstanding high school seniors in Illinois who have demonstrated effective, voluntary, long-term dedication to the preservation, protection, enhancement and/or promotion of Illinois’ natural resources. The Conservation Achievement Scholarships have been awarded since 2005. In the 11 years of this program’s existence, 63 scholarships worth a total value of $98,000 have been distributed. Generous donations to the Illinois Conservation Foundation from numerous organizations and individuals make this program possible.
Website: Illinois Conservation Foundation Scholarship
Application: Download Here
- A senior in an Illinois high school during the year of the scholarship award
- An Illinois resident
- Able to provide specific examples of voluntary, effective contributions to Illinois’ natural resources throughout his/her high school enrollment
- Enrolling in a two- or four-year college or university program of study in the calendar year of his/her high school graduation
- A student in good standing at his/her high school and possess a 2.5 grade point average or better on a 4.0 scale (3.1 grade point average or better on a 5.0 scale).
- A current high school transcript.
- A 500-word essay explaining why you are qualified to receive this scholarship award. The essay should provide specific examples of how your voluntary efforts in Illinois throughout your high school years have resulted in preservation, protection, enhancement and/or promotion of Illinois’ natural resources as well as how these efforts influenced people.
- One (1) letter of support from one of the following people: your principal; assistant principal; or school counselor.
- Three (3) letters of support from people familiar with your voluntary conservation efforts in Illinois.
- Two (2) digital photographs that represent your voluntary conservation efforts. Please do not include people in the photographs.
- A copy of an acceptance letter from a two- or four-year college or university and your student identification number at that college or university.
If you are not yet accepted at a college or university, provide the name and address of colleges/universities that have been or will be applied to for enrollment.
Questions? Please call (217) 785-2003 or email email@example.com