AMS Minority Scholarship
The AMS Minority Scholarships will award funding to minority students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the sciences, especially Hispanic, Native American, and Black/African American students. Funding for the scholarships is provided by industry and through donations made by members to the AMS Giving Program.
Website: AMS Scholarships
Application: Access Here
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Minority students who will be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2023 are eligible to apply.
- Students must plan to pursue careers in the atmospheric or related oceanic and hydrologic sciences. Marine Biology is not eligible.
- Students eligible to apply for the AMS Minority Scholarship Program may also apply to the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program but can only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Completed application form
- An official high school transcript showing past three years
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counselor
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: The $6,000 two-year scholarship is for $3,000 per year during freshman and sophomore years (second-year funding depends on successful completion of the first academic year).
Contact Information: AMS Development and Student Program Manager, Donna Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org (617-227-2426 ext. 3907)