Shirley Flowers Scholarship (for Jones College Prep High School ONLY)
A scholarship for a graduating student of Jones College Prep High School with financial need for college costs who has demonstrated academic excellence and student leadership during their time at Jones College Prep.
Website: Shirley Flowers Scholarship
- Applicant must attend Jones College Prep High School and plan to graduate in spring 2023.
- Applicant must be within the top 10% of class at Jones HS and demonstrate a commitment to education.
- Applicant must demonstrate student leadership
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need
Preference will be made for students who are the first generation of their family to go to college.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Email the CPS Scholarship Manager at CollegeScholarships@cps.edu
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you attend Jones College Prep High School?
- Official Transcript Required
- Please upload a copy of your acceptance letter to an accredited college or university.
- Please upload a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) OR a copy of your Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (intended for qualifying undocumented and transgender students)
- Are you a "first generation" college student? Answer 'yes' if neither of your parents attained a four-year undergraduate degree
- Why is going to college important to you?
- How will you ensure your success at college?
- What academic goals have you set for yourself?
- How have you demonstrated student leadership in your time at Jones College Prep?
- What have you learned from being in a leadership role that will help you throughout your life?
- Show 5 more