AKArama Foundation - Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc - Theta Omega Chapter
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA SORORITY, INC., Theta Omega Chapter, the AKArama Foundation Inc. awards several types of scholarships. ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS APPLY. However, there may be additional requirements. Please submit one complete packet. All applications must be submitted electronically to Mrs. Ouida F. Dyer-Bradford, at email@example.com by THE DEADLINE OF Saturday, March 04, 2023. To download the applications, click the links below.
Website: " AKArama Foundation – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Theta Omega Chapter – Scholarships":
Online Application: Access Here
PDF Application: Download Here check the box for each of the scholarship(s) for which you would like to be considered by checking one or more)_
- Be an African-American high school female senior student graduating no later than June of 2023
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (weighted) unless applying for Virginia Scott Brown Scholarship which requires a minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Have an ACT composite score of 18 or better OR an SAT composite score of 860 or better (If you were unable to test please apply)
- Must attend a high school within the CHICAGO CITY LIMITS
- Have verification of acceptance to a four-year college or university
ALL available AKArama Foundation Scholarships are listed below.
When applying, please ensure you check the box for each scholarship you are applying for on your APPLICATION PACKET OR
Listing of ALL AKArama Foundation Scholarships…
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
Historically Black College or University Scholarship: Distribution of this award is based on acceptance at a Historically Black College or university as a full-time student.
Mary G. Brock Arts Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to a student majoring in performing or non-performing art.
Financial Need Scholarship – To be considered for this scholarship, in addition to meeting all eligibility requirements, the student will also to do the following:
- Fill out the Financial Information Section of the above application.
Academic Achievement Scholarship: Distribution of this award is based on high scholastic achievement as verified by the ACT or SAT score and cumulative GPA.
Peggy Duke Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who will attend Tennessee State University or Fisk University.
Virginia Scott Brown Scholarship: (For Students Majoring in Education) This scholarship will be awarded to an African American female who will obtain a degree in Education and attend a historically black college or university. The following requirements also apply:
- Have a minimum grade point average of “C” (GPA of 2.00-2.99)
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from a high school teacher(s) and/or counselor
- Demonstrate financial need (Minimum family income ranging from $12,360-$35,000) (Must fill out the financial information to be considered for this scholarship.)
Ruth Montrose Academic Achievement Scholarship: Distribution of this award is based on high scholastic achievement as verified by the ACT or SAT score, cumulative GPA and committee interview.
Jacqueline B. Vaughn Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to a student who expresses an interest or desire to seek a college degree in the field of Education.
Patricia A. Jones Scholarship: This scholarship will be awarded to a student with a “C” average who is majoring in either social work or education.
Ruth B. Coleman Scholarship: The scholarship is awarded to an African American female high school student who demonstrates high ethical and moral standards. The scholarship may be awarded to a student in financial need or high academic achiever.
Open to DREAMers: No
For Questions on Application Completion & Eligibility Contact: Mrs. Ouida F. Dyer-Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org
- $500 - $3,000