Archie Kelly Smith Lake View Scholarship (For Lake View High School Only)
Scholarship & Organization Description:
This scholarships is intended for a Chicago Public Schools Lake View High School student who has been accepted at the University of Illinois, either the Chicago (UIC) or Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) campus. This scholarship will award a total of up to $10,000 over four years.
Recipient Selection & Eligibility Requirements:
The annual recipient of the Archie Kelly Smith Scholarship will be selected by a voluntary committee of stakeholders which can include but is not limited to teachers, administrators and members of the Lake View High School community.
The recipient must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a graduating senior of Lake View H.S. who plans to enroll at the University of Illinois (either the Chicago or Urbana-Champaign campus) in the fall of 2023.
- Must answer short essay question: How would this scholarship help you obtain your goals? (500 words maximum)
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes, students will be awarded $2,500 each school year with a total amount of $10,000 over the course of 4 years if student maintains a “C” average.
For support or inquiries regarding the application in Academic Works contact:
*Herbert House , CPS Scholarship Manager
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you attend Lake View High School?
- Please provide the BEST email for you.
- Have you completed service learning hours, service learning projects or civic engagement activities to satisfy the CPS graduation requirement?
- Have you been accepted into an undergraduate degree program at the University of Illinois, either the Chicago (UIC) or Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) campus?
- Provide a copy of your letter of acceptance from UIC or UIUC.
- As of today, based on your financial aid award letter, how much is your anticipated out of pocket cost to attend UIC or UIUC?
- Required Essay: How would this scholarship help you obtain your goals? (500 words maximum)
- Show 2 more