Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois
The Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois is a scholarship program that identifies talented high school seniors, as well as first and second-year college students who have the promise and drive to be excellent teachers in high-need schools across Illinois. We prepare them for immediate and lasting success in the most challenging teaching environments.
Website: Golden Apple Scholars
Application: Access Here (Please Note: the application takes place on another Academic Works system)
- Graduate high school in 2023
- Complete online application
Every application submitted to Golden Apple Scholars receives a holistic review. This means every piece of your application is reviewed and considered in order to make a decision. One single item does not determine your application decision.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois
Standardized testing requirements (Optional):
Standardized test scores are optional and not required for acceptance to the Golden Apple Scholars Program. The review committee will closely review the strength of course selection, G.P.A., grade trending, personal statements and overall involvement for students wishing not to submit test scores.
Students accepted into the Scholars program must submit test scores after induction to assist in research purposes.
Home school students are required to submit test scores for application review.
If selected as a scholar, the Completion Requirements are…
- Meet ISAC program requirements
- Meet 2.5 GPA program requirements
- Participate in all four Golden Apple Summer Institutes
- Comply with program code of conduct
- Earn a bachelor’s degree at one of our Illinois partner universities
- Obtain Illinois teacher certification
- Teach for five years in an Illinois school-of-need within seven years of graduation
Renewable: Yes, for up to 4 years.
Open to DREAMers: No, however open to IL DACAmented students
Contact Information: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to $23,000