Mary E. Smith Foundation - Excellence in Academics & Community Service Award
This annual, one-time scholarship, will be awarded to one or two (2) successful candidates. Candidates must be brain tumor patients/survivors or closely related to someone diagnosed with a brain tumor. To provide encouragement and minimize the financial burden of secondary education of patients, survivors or their family members that have experienced a brain tumor. A brain tumor diagnosis can cause a financial and mental strain on a family. It is our way of recognizing the struggle and honoring the fight that the brain tumor family has been through. Amount of award will be paid directly to the student’s school if for tuition, or directly to the recipient to assist with living expenses, books, travel, etc
Website: Excellence in Academics and Community Service Award
Application: Access Here
- Must be a brain tumor patient/survivor or closely related to someone diagnosed with a brain tumor.
Relationships are limited to spouse, biological children, biological parents, biological siblings.
- Student may be pursuing ANY AREA of study including a technical certification program, associate or bachelor level degree at a college, university, vocational school or other setting within the fifty United States or District of Columbia.
- Must have at least a weighted GPA of 3.0/4.0 or a 4.0/5.0.
- Rank in top half of class and have at least an SAT score of 1000 or an ACT of 21.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and service in their community.
- Completed application packet
Essay response (1,500 words max) to the following question: “May E. Smith (M.O.M.) Foundation, Inc./Memories of Mary has taken positive stands on important issues affecting the community and takes pride in working for the betterment of all people. Select a current issue important to you and discuss how your education will allow you to make an impact on that issue.”
- One (1) letter of recommendation provided by your School Counselor, Principal, Professor/Teacher or President/Dean of College
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Contact Information: email@example.com