AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship
The American Meteorological Society is pleased to announce the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship program, open to all high school students and designed to encourage study in the atmospheric and related sciences. Serving as a unique example of various sectors of our field joining together to support young, talented minds, the scholarships are being sponsored by partners in industry, as well as through named scholarships either established by an AMS member or in memory of someone. The sponsors of these scholarships have all recognized the importance in encouraging young people to enter into the atmospheric and related sciences and thus have made generous contributions in support of the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
Website: AMS Scholarships
Application: Access Here
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
- Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2023 as a full-time student and plan to pursue a degree in the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic sciences. Marine biology does not meet this requirement.
Students eligible to apply for this scholarship may also apply to the AMS Minority Scholarship Program if you meet all the requirements, including minority status, but may only accept one scholarship if selected for both.
- Completed application form
- An official high school transcript showing past three years
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or school counselor (one only)
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: The scholarship stipend is $5,000, awarding $2,500 each year (for the freshman and sophomore years). The second-year funding is dependent on successful completion of the first year.
Contact: AMS Development and Student Program Manager, Donna Fernandez at email@example.com (617-227-2426 ext. 3907)