Dolores Saxton Walker Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The late Dolores Saxton Walker was a successful entrepreneur who worked diligently on behalf of the mission of ChicagoMSDC. She understood the importance of developing future entrepreneurs by supporting students with the potential to join the entrepreneurial ranks. MBEIC established the Dolores Saxton-Walker Scholarship Fund in honor of her commitment to developing future minority business and government leaders. This Scholarship will be awarded to (6) high schools seniors to be an entrepreneur or seeking a business major at a recognized college or university and have a grade point average of 3.5 or better. Finalists will be contacted and invited to attend a mandatory interview and special luncheon. This scholarship is sponsored by the Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council.
Website: Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST LOG-IN & APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Do you attend a CPS Charter School? “Click Here to Access the Charter Student Application & Instructions”: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t-IPFYmfhFpQdvO_bvuP89dHqddS7RVN/view?usp=share_link
- Must be a minority student
- Have a minimum 3.5 weighted cumulative GPA
- The applicant must be pursuing a career in business or business-related career
- Must participate in an interview if selected as a finalist.
- High School Transcript
- Your current resume
- Your FAFSA Student Aid Report
- One (1) or more letters of recommendation provided by a school counselors and/or teacher
- Proof of plans to enroll at a regionally accredited college or university in the fall of 2023
Open to DREAMers: No
- Supplemental Questions
- Official Transcript Required
- Please upload a copy of your resume.
- Please provide the name and email of a school official who will submit your letter of recommendation. Letter can be from a teacher, counselor, principal or college and career coach.
- (Optional) Please provide the name and email of a school official who will submit your letter of recommendation. Letter can be from a teacher, counselor, principal or college and career coach.
- Please provide your college letter of acceptance or proof of applying to college (e-mail confirmation from college with your name/e-mail address or a letter of application confirmation)
- Please upload a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) OR a copy of your Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (intended for qualifying undocumented and transgender students)
- If applicant has completed the FAFSA, what is your EFC?
- Do you plan to pursue a business or business related career or major in college? ( i.e., business, finance, accounting, etc.)
- What is your intended college major?
- Have you spoken with your parents/guardians about how much they will contribute to your college expenses?
- Show 5 more