Delta Sigma Chicago Alumnae Chapter
Welcome to the 2022 – 2023 Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., Delta Sigma Chicago Alumnae Chapter Scholarship Competition. Our eligible student categories are Eighth Graders, High School Seniors and College Students. All applicants must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
2023 Scholarship Application General Requirements
To be considered for a scholarship award, each applicant must meet the following
1. Meet the requirements for the individual award as stipulated.
2. Provide all required information on the “Applicant Identification Form”. The
applicant must sign the “Applicant Identification Form”.
3. Have at least a “C” average for work completed in the fall 2022-23 school year.
4. Be a full-time student in good standing at an accredited school.
5. Recipients of past awards may re-apply for scholarship consideration using this
current year’s application process. This award may be renewable for one more
year pending selection and maintenance of at least a 2.5 GPA. Application
submission is not a guarantee of an award.
The applicant must submit the following forms, support materials and documentation:
1. Official transcript of scholastic record for all semesters or quarters through and
including fall 2022. Student copies are not acceptable.
2. Letter of Good Standing (from a school- teacher, counselor or administrator).
3. Write a two-page essay on one of the following topics (Explain response
thoroughly and give details.) Be Concise. Be Clear. Be Compelling.
a. If you had the ability to go back in time during the period of your
lifetime, and change a historical event, what would you change and
what outcome would you envision?
b. What actions would need to be made to improve race equality in
Chicago? Address any differences in race equality in various parts of
c. If you had to develop a personal mission statement, what would it be
and why? Include at least 3 life goals.
The following Essay Guidelines must be followed using the following guidelines:
● Prepare a separate cover sheet listing your name, school, current grade/year
● Double-space the essay
● Limit the essay to 500-750 words
(8th grade students 300-500 words)
● Use one inch margins on each page of the essay (top, bottom, left and right
● Use Times New Roman Font, 12 Size
4. Provide a List of Activities, Awards, and/or Special Commendations you have
received from school, work and/or public and community service activities. Where possible
attach copies of awards and commendations.
5. Letters of Recommendation or Reference – Multiple letters (max. 3 letters) will be
accepted and are encouraged.
6. Completed “Applicant Identification Form”.
7. Completed “Applicant Checklist”. Incomplete Applications will not be processed.
Finalists for the Scholarship will be notified to provide a letter of College Acceptance.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 15, 2023.
Scholarships will be awarded only if all information required has been received by the
stipulated deadline, Saturday, April 1, 2023 and all requirements have been met.