The Evelio and Marcelina Alvarez Family Scholarship(Roosevelt Students Only)
The Evelio and Marcelina Alvarez Family Scholarship(Roosevelt HS Students Only)
The Evelio and Marcelina Alvarez Family Scholarship will be awarded to two deserving graduating seniors from Theodore Roosevelt High School with good character and high academic achievement. This scholarship was created in hopes to support a first-generation college-bound students with providing some financial relief for their post-secondary education.
- U.S. Citizenship is NOT required for this scholarship.
- Students must be a Hispanic/Latino
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Applicant must be a current high school senior graduating in 2023 from Roosevelt High School with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5/4.0, official transcripts must be submitted.
- Applicants must plan to enroll as a full time student at an accredited 4 year or 2 year institution.
- This is a renewable scholarship. Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA while in college.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation
Open to Undocumented/DREAMers: Yes, CPS Undocumented and DREAMers students are eligible to apply.
An Undocumented/DREAMer is a non-U.S. citizen or permanent resident high school student who qualifies for in-state college tuition under Illinois’ HB-60 State Legislation and who will benefit from the Illinois DREAM Act, a provision that supports children of immigrants in Illinois signed by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn in 2011.
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you meet the definition of a DREAMer listed in the scholarship description?
- Are you a "first generation" college student? Answer 'yes' if neither of your parents attained a four-year undergraduate degree
- How have you demonstrated student leadership in your time at Roosevelt HS.?
- 1 of 2: Letter of recommendation from individuals with direct knowledge of the applicant's abilities, accomplishments, and potential. One must be from a teacher, or other school personnel. Recommendations must be signed, and on school/organizational letterhead.