Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable Commemoration Essay Competition
The DuSable essay is only open to CPS students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades. A school may submit up to three (3) entries. Three (3) citywide winners will be selected, in each grade: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place. There is a 300-word maximum at the third (3rd) grade level, 400-word maximum for the fourth (4th) grade level and a 500-word maximum for the fifth (5th) grade level.
Scholarship Awards: Previous awards have included U.S. Savings Bonds, Smart Tablets (e.g., Kindle Fires), annual memberships to the Bronzeville Children’s Museum and the Chicago History Museum.
- A school may submit up to three (3) entries. One entry per grade level.
- Each entry must be the work of a single student.
- There is a 300-word maximum at the third (3rd) grade level.
- There is a 400-word maximum for the fourth (4th) grade level.
- There is a 500-word maximum for the fifth (5th) grade level.
1. Online: Students can complete the application online through Academic Works or
2. Online: Students can download a copy of this application, complete it and then upload a scanned copy into CPS Academic Works.
3 . E-mail: Students can download a copy of this application, type and complete it by the deadline and send it via email to email@example.com.
Hard copy of application: 2015 Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable Commemoration Essay Competition Application
How to access CPS Academic Works?:
1. Click “Sign In” and login with your CPS Login ID (username) and CPS ID# (password)*
2. Complete the CPS Academic Works General Application (student or parent must complete all required sections)
3. Once you complete the General Scholarship Application, you can then begin applying for the Jean Baptiste Pointe DuSable Essay Competition.
4. You have the option of saving incomplete work when you start a scholarship. You must complete the applications by 11:59 p.m. on the deadline. The system will lock you out of the application at midnight.
5. Sign Out of Academic Works
6. Sign off of the computer. You must complete steps 5 & 6 after each Academic Works session.
Note: No faxed copies will be accepted (no fax number is provided). This opportunity is ONLY open to 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students.