Wentcher Foundation Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Wentcher Foundation will award 50+ university scholarships to Chicago Public High School students graduating in June 2019. Scholarships are valued at up to $10,000 per year and may be renewed, for a total of up to $40,000 over four years. Wentcher Scholarships help students pursue bachelor’s degrees at accredited, nonprofit colleges and universities located in the United States. Scholarships will be paid directly to the institution where Wentcher Scholars enroll. Wentcher Scholarships provide funding for undergraduate tuition, room and board, required books and fees, and other approved expenses necessary to pursue collegiate education. Scholarship eligibility requirements (e.g. 3.0 unweighted GPA, 1030 SAT) are firm. The Wentcher Scholarship selection process evaluates applicants based on academic merit, character, and financial need.
Website: Wentcher Foundation
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must apply on the Wentcher Foundation’s website. Use the link above to apply today!
(You will be taken OUT of the Academic Works system to complete the application.)
- Open to Chicago Public Schools Seniors graduating in June 2019
- Minimum 3.0 UNWEIGHTED GPA
- Minimum composite score of 1030 SAT (or 20 ACT)
- Open to all students who are eligible to apply for and receive federal financial aid. Applications from US citizens, legal permanent residents, and certain eligible non-citizens will be considered. DACA students are not eligible to apply at this time. If you are not sure if you are eligible to receive federal financial aid, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
- An official transcript uploaded by your school
- A SAT score report
- Two (2) letters of recommendation written by a teacher, counselor, or other professional qualified to comment on your potential to succeed in college
- University admissions letter, if available
- Description of your work history, volunteer experience, extracurriculars, leadership, honors, and/or achievements
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and an uploaded copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Essay Question
Scholarship Use Guidelines:
- Wentcher Scholarships must be used at accredited, not-for-profit schools for bachelor’s coursework.
- Successful applicants may also receive other scholarships, awarded either by the educational institution or any other foundation. Scholarships may be awarded up to the point at which other scholarship, grant, or gift aid may be displaced (up to $10,000 per year.)
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes. The Wentcher Foundation will support scholarship recipients who meet the foundation’s guidelines for up to four consecutive years of undergraduate education, totaling up to $40,000. Continued funding is dependent upon students’ maintaining academic eligibility and strength of character and behavior, as well as the foundation’s resources. Wentcher Scholars are required to submit transcripts each semester to maintain eligibility for continued funding.
Contact Information: Please email Crystal Johnson, Program Director, at email@example.com