Tuskegee NEXT Program
Honoring the legacy of the Tuskegee Airman, Tuskegee NEXT seeks to transform the lives of at-risk youth through aviation education and career path opportunities, so such at-risk youth can transform their communities. Tuskegee NEXT seeks to provide role models and a clear path toward aviation careers through: Flight Training, Life Skills, and Educational Assistance. Tuskegee NEXT’s cadet program is a full-time, residential program in the Chicago area that runs from mid-June to mid-August.
Website: Tuskegee NEXT Program
Program Overview: Meet the Cadets
Important Document To Be Completed: Need-Based Scholarship Form
Tuskegee NEXT Program Flier: Click Here to Review
- 16-20 (Must be 17 by July 15th of the summer participating)
- Completed Sophomore year of high school;
- Must hold a minimum 2.75 GPA; and
- Additional consideration will be given to those Cadets that have completed advanced or college level courses.
- All applicant’s medications must be disclosed and shall not disqualify such applicant according to FAA and ADA standards;
- All applicant’s prior medical procedures must be disclosed and shall not disqualify such applicant according to FAA and ADA standards; and
- Cadets must successfully complete an FAA medical exam.
- Additional consideration will be given to Cadets that participate in extra-curricular activities;
- Additional consideration will be given to Cadets that have participated in aviation related activities;
- Additional consideration will be given to Cadets that have already passed the FAA written exam; and
- Additional consideration will be given to Cadets that have actual flight experience.
Completed application including:
- Personal documents, 2 reference letters and essay must be turned in prior to 12/31/18
- Cadet must complete a reading comprehension exam with a score of 80% or greater
- Cadet must complete general aptitude exam with a score of 70% or greater
- Cadet must complete an FAA written sample exam with a score of 70% or greater
Required application items also include:
- Initial student application/background information
- 2 Sponsor recommendation letters
- Student essay
- Official High School Transcript and College Transcript (if applicable)
- Complete Need-Based Scholarship Form (click here for form)
- Copy of Identification (e.g. Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport)
Certain applicants will be selected for an interview in order to be considered and accepted into the Tuskegee NEXT program. The interviews will be held in February and March of 2019.
Students selected to attend Tuskegee NEXT “Cadet” program will be required to accomplish the following prior to May 1st, 2019:
- Complete additional application requirements, if necessary (e.g. essay or interview);
- Obtain an FAA Third-Class Medical and student pilot license; and
- Agree to abide by Tuskegee NEXT Code of Conduct and participate in the required follow-up during the 2018 academic year.
For questions or concerns email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit all information via email to: email@example.com