Yale Young Global Scholars
Organization & Program Overview:
Yale Young Global Scholars empowers the next generation of leaders by building a global community and designing interdisciplinary programs that foster intellectual curiosity, deepen understanding and inspire creative action across all borders. Yale Young Global Scholars emphasizes an open, exploratory, and collaborative approach to learning. Our program is designed to allow students to experience learning in a variety of different university contexts, from large lectures to small seminars, and even the spontaneous learning that happens in dining halls and around campus.
Website: Yale Young Global Scholars
Create an Account & Apply: Access Here
Application Preview: Review Here
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQ
- Be at least 16 years old by July 19, 2020 (first day of Session III)
- Be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English
- Be a current high school sophomore or junior (or international equivalent)
- Be graduating in May/June 2021 or 2022 from the Northern Hemisphere, or in Nov./Dec. 2020 or 2021 from the Southern Hemisphere.
*YYGS accepts applications from ALL countries
- One 500-word essay and two 200-word responses
- Official school transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Unofficial standardized test scores, if available (submit or waive)
- Need-based financial aid (submit or waive)
Application fee ($55 for Early Action, $70 for Regular Decision)
*YYGS will waive the application fee if it constitutes a significant financial burden for the student’s family. The fee waiver option is only available for students who apply for need-based financial aid using the YYGS online application. Students who apply for a fee waiver must have a school official finalize the form.
Applicant Pool #1: Early Action – 10:59PM Chicago Time on November 12, 2019
Applicant Pool #2: Regular Decision – 10:59pm Chicago Time on January 15, 2020
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please complete this form