AKA Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation - HBCU Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Description:
The Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation (IPCDF) is offering educational scholarship opportunities to high school seniors who will attend and undergraduate college students currently enrolled at a Historically Black College or University (HBCU). The applicant must have permanent residency or attend school in the Bronzeville, Douglas, Washington Park, Grand Boulevard, Oakland, Kenwood, Hyde Park or Englewood community.
Website: AKA Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation
Application: Download Here
Overview & Checklist: View Here
Please Note: The deadline has been EXTENDED to Monday, June 1, 2020.
- High school senior (class of 2020)
- 2.85 Cumulative Grade Point Average or higher (unweighted)
- An acceptance letter from the Historically Black College or University (HBCU) the student will attend on official letterhead
- Proof of community service hours performed during your high school career; a minimum of 40 hours is required
- Actual Scholarship Application
- Submission of typed essay (500 – 700 words)
- Most recent official transcript in a sealed envelope OR emailed directly from the school with an official seal
- An acceptance letter on official letterhead from the HBCU you will attend
TWO (2) Letters of recommendation written during the current academic year (not dated before September 2019), addressed to IPCDF. One must be a character letter from a school official or a service organization with which you have volunteered, on official letterhead. The second letter must be from an unrelated person of your choice.
Proof of permanent residency or school attendance in the Bronzeville, Douglas, Washington Park, Grand Boulevard, Oakland, Kenwood, Hyde Park or Englewood community
Essay Topic: Describe how your current academic performance and extracurricular participation have aided or will aid you in your development of service to others, compassion and leadership.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All application packets must be received by Monday, June 1, 2020.
By Mail Submit Applications to:
- Imani Pearls Community Development Foundation
ATTN: IPCDF HBCU Scholarship Committee
3473 S. King Drive, Suite 307
Chicago, IL 60616
Open to DREAMers: Yes
For questions or concerns regarding this scholarship and application: email the Scholarship Provider at Scholarships@ipcdf.org