Guadalupe A. Reyes Fiesta Del Sol Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Fiesta del Sol Guadalupe A. Reyes Scholarship Program has celebrated over two decades of awarding scholarships to students from the Southwest side of the city and beyond. Due to Guadalupe A. Reyes’ dedication and commitment to people in need, the scholarship program has been named in her honor. The scholarship program offers an opportunity for students to get $1,500 for their college expenses. Additionally, the Scholarship Program strives to give students an opportunity to exercise leadership skills, learn how to build relationship, and engage in teamwork. Fiesta del Sol has given over $700,000 in scholarships to over 500 students.
Website: Guadalupe A. Reyes Fiesta del Sol Scholarship
STEP 1: Fill Out This Form
STEP 2: Download the Application
Informational Guide: View Here
- Be of Latino/Hispanic descent
- Must be currently enrolled or have plans to enroll in an accredited college or university in an undergraduate, degree or certificate program for a minimum of 6 semester hours or 8 quarter hours.
- Have earned a cumulative minimum of a 2.5 GPA (on a 4 point scale or its equivalence);
- Meet one of the following requirements:
(1) Live on the southwest side of Chicago within the following boundaries: Between 16th and 79th streets, and between Cicero Ave. (4800 West) and Canal (500 West); or
(2) Be a volunteer in a Fiesta del Sol committee; or
(3) Be sponsored by member institution of Gamaliel of Metro Chicago
- Demonstrate community or school service;
- Demonstrate financial need.
A completed application consists of…
- Completed application
Resume outlining your work experience, service learning/community service, and extracurricular activities
- Two (2) letters of recommendation on a official letterhead from places where you have provided school or community service. One (1) letter must be from a school official.
- Official high school transcript (if applicable). College students with 30 credits or more do not have to submit a high school transcript. Transcripts MUST be OFFICIAL
- A personal statement, typed 500-750 words.
The application must be postmarked by 5pm on March 27, 2020.
Please mail the application to:
URT Scholarship Committee
Pilsen Neighbors Community Council
2026 S Blue Island Avenue
Chicago, IL 60608
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: No. However, students can reapply every year
Questions? Visit our website fiestadelsol.org. or call (312) 666-2663