Lori Jericho Memorial Education Fund
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
Inspiration Corporation administers the Lori Jericho Memorial Education Fund, that provides financial assistance to promising, low-income individuals who are interested in pursuing vocational training or higher education programs (up to an associate’s degree). The Jericho Fund supports those who do not qualify for sufficient government grants or other funding to participate in vocation-related education and training that leads to living wage employment. For selected individuals, the Jericho Fund can provide support for education or training-related expenses including: tuition, fees, materials, textbooks and transportation for attending classes.
- Has a specific career goal.
- Can explain why further education is required to meet the career goal.
- Understands what the employment opportunities are once their training or education is complete. Has done research and can reasonably expect to earn $16.50 or more upon completion of the training or education.
- Understands that it will take several meetings to complete all the required steps to qualify for a scholarship.
Understands that the fund will only support vocational programs under 12 months, or completion of an associate degree in 30 months. The fund does not support Bachelors or Masters Degrees.
- Has a household income at or below 150% of the federal poverty guideline and can provide documentation.
- Is at least 18 years old.
Scholarship One-Pager: View Here
Referral Checklist: Download Here
Program Intake Form: Download Here
Personal Statement Instructions: Download Here
Individuals must be referred to the scholarship.*
Eligible referrals may come from school counselors, non-profit organizations, other social service agencies.
For reference, the Jericho scholarship typically assists students who are enrolled in City Colleges of Chicago or similarly priced vocational programs whose needs are around or under $2,000 for tuition per semester, in addition to supplies.
To submit a referral, please complete the following:
Referral checklist (to be filled out with the referral)
Release of Information document (to be filled out by the applicant and person who is referring them)
- Complete a personal statement (directions linked above)
From there, the Jericho Fund Coordinator will set up a meeting with the referral to discuss the scholarship more in depth and continue the application process.
*A referral does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- Those interested in a Spring 2020 start date must complete the referral checklist, release of information, and personal statement by Friday, December 13th, 2019.
- Those interested in a Summer 2020 start date must complete the referral checklist, release of information, and personal statement by Monday, May 18th, 2020.
- Those interested in a Fall 2020 start date must complete the referral checklist, release of information, and personal statement by Monday, August 3rd, 2020.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Renewable: Yes, throughout the duration of the program the student is pursuing, but may not be renewed beyond 30 months (determined on a case by case basis).
Questions? Please contact Alex Harris, the Jericho Fund Coordinator, at email@example.com or 312-626-5960.