Monarch Awards Foundation Scholarship
Scholarship & Organization Overview:
Monarch Awards Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit foundation of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Xi Nu Omega Chapter. The foundation is pleased to offer a scholarship to a graduating senior currently attending a Chicago Metropolitan Area high school. The Monarch Awards Foundation, Inc. has proudly established a rich history of serving Chicagoland’s diverse communities by providing quality program initiatives, scholarship assistance, and financial support of area non-profit organizations. Our programs target six areas of need in the Chicago metropolitan area and its surrounding communities and include: Youth Enrichment (especially girls), Health, Global Poverty, Economic Security, Human Rights, and Social Justice.
Website: Monarch Foundation Awards Chicago Metropolitan High School Scholarship
Application: Access Here
- Must be a 2021 graduating senior attending a Chicago Metropolitan Area High School (Chicago Metropolitan Area is defined by the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce as Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties)
- Must have a minimum unweighted, cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Planning to attend an accredited four-year college or university in the summer or fall of 2021
- Must show proof of acceptance to and enrollment in an accredited four-year college or university before the scholarship is awarded
- Completed application form
- Two (2) copies of typed essay (1-2 pages) on given topic if submitting via postal service
- Two (2) letters of recommendation dated within 3 months of application submission.
One letter must come from academia, while the second letter may be written by civic or religious persons (emailed directly from author to email@example.com submissions allowed).
- Official sealed high school transcript (If submitted by paper, it must be in a sealed envelope from the school, or have a raised seal on the paper transcript. Official electronic submissions may be submitted directly from services such as Parchment or the likeliness, and emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Proof of community service hours are not required, but highly encouraged
Resume (if applicable)
All applications and supporting materials must be either uploaded electronically via the application at www.MonarchAwardsFoundation.org or postmarked no later than March 31, 2021. Electronic submissions are encouraged, but paper documents are to be mailed to the following address:
- Monarch Awards Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Scholarship Chairman
3400 West 111th Street, #433,
Chicago, IL 60655
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email email@example.com