City Treasurer's Hispanic Heritage Month Scholarship
Chicago City Treasurer Melissa Conyears-Ervin is proud to announce the 2020 Hispanic Heritage Month Essay Contest. This scholarship recognizes a senior in high school who has displayed outstanding academic achievement or community involvement and writes a thoughtful and impactful essay (500 words) on a topic related to Hispanic Heritage Month. Participating students must also provide a description of their college plans. Winners will receive a $1,500 and $1,000 award, respectively.
Website: Chicago City Treasurer
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST LOG-IN & APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help signing-in to Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
Do you attend a CPS Charter School? Click Here to Access The CHARTER Student Application
CPS senior (class of 2021)
- NO GPA REQUIREMENT
- Plan to enroll in an accredited two or four-year institution of higher education or educational institution in the fall of 2021
- Strong community service/civic engagement suggested (students should be able to prove their required service learning hours as reflected on their transcript)
- Official Transcript Required
- Please provide a recommendation from a teacher, counselor or college and career coach who is familiar with student’s academic work
- Please provide a recommendation/verification regarding community service (non-relative, 50 hours minimum)
- Your Student Aid Report (via FAFSA) OR a copy of your Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid (intended for qualifying undocumented and transgender students)
List other scholarships you have applied for
Essay (500 words max): Tell us about a Hispanic American who has played a role in shaping Chicago’s future and how you plan to use your college experience to build on that legacy.
Open to DREAMers: Yes