The EZRA Project - Michael E. Sailes Legacy Award
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
The Ezra Project provides monetary awards to African American students who are pursuing post-secondary education through an accredited institution, exhibit interest in community service, and be an active member in a local church.
Website: The EZRA Project
Application: Download Here
- Must be a 2021 graduating high school senior;
Applicant must identify as African American;
- Must show proof of acceptance to and enrollment in an accredited college/university or vocational program in the fall of 2021;
- Must have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- Must be an active member in a local church.
- Application essay. The essay should be 300 – 500 words and include the following:
a) Career goals/expectations
b) Intent to “pay forward” or continue contributing to the African American church/community or next generation.
- Four (4) letters of recommendation from the following:
a) A faculty or staff member at your school.
b) Your church pastor or church auxiliary leader.
c) Your community service supervisor or leader.
d) Someone of your choice (coach, scout leader, work supervisor, youth director, etc.)
Transcripts Current academic transcript that includes SAT or ACT scores MUST be provided by a school official (counselor, postsecondary coach, principal or assistant principal) and submitted via email to email@example.com
Acceptance letter. Submit a copy of your college/university/vocational school acceptance letter.
Proof of enrollment. A copy of your first semester’s course schedule.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE EMAILED TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can also mail documents in, however email is the preferred method.
- The EZRA Project,
P.O. Box 438825,
Chicago, IL 60643
Open to DREAMers: No
Questions? Please email email@example.com