My Two Sons: John/Sean Memorial Scholarship
Organization Description & Scholarship Overview:
In October 1989, Sean Cater, the oldest son of Rev. Gloria Randolph, was murdered at age 21. As a result of this tragedy, she found Giving God The Glory Ministries in 1997. Her youngest son, John Cater Jr., an award-winning journalist, died in January of 2010 at age 32. This was 6 Months after he won the prestigious Emmy Award for Excellence in Reporting. Giving God The Glory is a ministry founded by Rev. Gloria Randolph. This ministry proudly offers $1,000 scholarships, for minority high school seniors with at least a 2.5 unweighted GPA or higher and planning to attend a 2-year community college or a 4-year college or university. Scholarships will be distributed in two installments of $500.
The “My 2 Sons: John/Sean Memorial Scholarship” honors the legacies of the late John and Sean Cater.
Website: My Two Sons – Scholarship Page
Application : Download Here
Recommendation Form: Download Here
Please Note: The scholarship deadline has been EXTENDED to Saturday, April 23, 2022.
- Be a high school senior graduating by June 2022
- Be an ethnic minority student
- Have a cumulative, unweighted GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale
- Plan to attend a 4-year college or 2-year community college in fall of 2022
- Reside in the Chicago or South Suburban area
- Official copy of your seventh semester transcript. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope with school seal.
- Submit a financial statement in the form of a copy of Financial Aid report or 1040 tax form (proof of income is not required for undocumented students)
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation (one from teacher or other school professional and one from a minister or community service provider)
- Submit an essay on the following topic: Write a personal essay with a minimum of 500 words and no more than 650 words stating your educational and career goals and why you should be the recipient of this scholarship. Essay should be typed and double-spaced with the word count at the bottom of the last page.
Open to DREAMers: Yes
Questions? Please email email@example.com