The Natalie Rose Puryear Young Community Leader Scholarship Program
The Natalie Rose Puryear Community Leader (NPCL) scholarships are awarded to students in recognition of both academic excellence and community service. This memorial scholarship honors Chicago High School seniors who value public education and is offered through the generosity of Natalie Puryear and The Black United Fund of Illinois (BUFI).
Scholarship Requirements: High School senior
Open to DREAMers: No
- Supplemental Questions
- What makes you a leader in your community? What have you done to better your community? (You can also include your academic, career, and personal goals. Include any leadership, extracurricular, and VOLUNTEER activities)
- Please write a biographical profile using the following questions as a guide: How did you learn about the NPCL scholarship? What are your reasons for wanting to obtain a college education? Why did you choose your college? Why did you choose your major? What is your career objective upon graduation from college? Who has had the most influence on your choice of career? Where do you see yourself ten years from now? Have you ever experienced any adversity in your life - either physical, personal, family, financial, or other?
- Please provide a recommendation from a faculty member or teacher who knows your well (OR) from someone who is familiar with you from a job, volunteer assignment, or community project you have undertaken. Recommendations from family members will not be accepted.
- You are required to list your work history (if applicable); involvement in extra-curricular activities; community service, and awards and honors received.
- Official Transcript Required