ALDI Lasting Change Scholarship
Organization & Scholarship Overview:
At ALDI, we believe that understanding, respecting and valuing the uniqueness of our employees and customers makes us stronger. That’s why we are committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce that allows us to achieve more together, serves the needs of the communities we operate in, and improves the world we live in.
The ALDI Lasting Change Scholarship was created to provide Chicago Public High School Seniors with equal access to postsecondary education by providing financial resources and career guidance to those that demonstrate a financial need. Up to two students will earn a four year renewable scholarship to support them through their undergraduate studies.
CHICAGO PUBLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS MUST LOG-IN & APPLY VIA ACADEMIC WORKS ONLY
Need Help signing-in to Academic Works? Check out the Academic Works User Comprehension Guide for assistance with your application.
Do you attend a CPS Charter School? Click here for application
- Applicants must be a Chicago Public High School graduating senior
- Must identify as Black or African-American and/or Hispanic or Latino
- Must be enrolled in a Career Technology Education (CTE) business program OR pursue a degree with a business focus; including business, marketing, communication, sales, management, marketing, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, accounting, etc.
- Must have an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.5
The submission of ACT/SAT scores is not required
- Must be accepted into a 4-year IN-STATE college or university prior to scholarship application
- Must demonstrate a financial need by completing Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- A written essay must be submitted. Essay must be a minimum of 500 words, but no greater than 1,000 words
Describe your career aspirations as it relates to your degree in business: Why is diversity in the workplace important?
- Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – Student Aid Report
- One (1) letter of recommendation provided by a teacher, manager, or mentor. The letter must be signed and dated by submitting member, on a letter head and submitted electronically
Open to DREAMers: No
Renewable: Yes; the student must maintain a cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 2.5; must be enrolled as a full-time college student with ≥ 12 credit hours per semester; must pursue and maintain a degree with a business focus. Examples include business, marketing, communication, sales, management, marketing, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, accounting, etc.